Monday, August 24, 2015

Do You Have an Export Program?


On Aug 24, 2015, at 8:59 AM, LN wrote:

John,

Before we reach out to suppliers by letter, would you recommend we call first and ask about an export program? Or always send a letter first? I just picked up some nice stationery and envelopes...

Cheers

LN

Hey LN,

I suppose you could cold-call and ask if they have an export program and learn what it is, especially if you have five potential suppliers and want to approach the one with no interest themselves in export.  But never ask the question in your introductory letter.

At farmers' markets if I see something I like, I always ask first "do you have an export program?' and usually no, but when yes, it is usually very interesting information.

Feel free to forward this by email to three of your friends.


1 comments:

Luke Avedon said...

"I suppose you could cold-call and ask if they have an export program and learn what it is, ..." This is exactly what I have been doing and it has been working well. I have also been calling the retailers and asking how there food is selling...which has been very interesting.