Thursday, December 9, 1999

Re: How to set up a Web site store

Dear John:
Just got back after spending two glorious and difficult months in
Nepal. Spent most of the time developing relationships with various Nepalese
factory owners who are friends of my Nepalese family. I had my line of
clothing and (Buddhist) jewelry made there and was pleased with the results.
Now the big difficulty to date is getting the stuff out of customs. My
Nepalese agent was either lazy or ignorant of the textile visas needed to
clear customs, so each day is a painful and expensive wait. Plus I have
shows from tomorrow on without the goods. Learning curve. My
freightforwarder on this end has been terrific (he's the real expensive part
so far) but I think the costs of these problems will outweigh the cost of
what's in the crates. I had mixed media, from paper goods to textiles. Next
time, I'll ship in smaller packages with the same family classifications.
Will have to go back to my notes to figure out freight and duty charges
although I will have to absorb most of the late charges on my crate.

Would also like to know how to set up a Website store. If you can't give me
the information, please let me know.

Thought about your course alot over there. I'm glad it was under my belt and
am applying the sourcing techniques now with some of my contacts in Nepal.
Hope all is well with you and am enjoying your e-mails a lot. Penelope Rose


0 comments: