Tuesday, February 6, 2001

Re: [spiers] Re: Trade Worldwide Classroom Password

Without customers one merely has a hobby with potential.
Start with "The E-Myth Revisited" by Michael E. Gerber and grow your idea
into a business instead of owning a job.

-----Original Message-----
From: Good Angel [mailto:goodangel27@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 8:52 PM
To: spiers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [spiers] Re: Trade Worldwide Classroom Password


Science has proven that no experiment that is observed can be truly
objective due to the fact that the observer influences the experiment
by the very fact of his observation. If you believe a premise or a
hypothesis to be true and you perform the experiment often enough you
will eventually get results that will lead you to the conclusions you
want. The questions is not whether or not the premise, customer first,
manufacture second, is true for John. The answer is if you believe it
will work for you, it will work for you, just as it works for John
whether you believe it or not because he does. "MidnightRider."
--- wileyccc@aol.com wrote:
>
> In a message dated 1/31/01 6:27:04 AM, ar writes:
>
> << Is finding customers is part of this course?
>
> ***yes, I feel strongly if one has no customers, one has no
> business***
>
> The great discovery every novice makes:
> " in any field there is a club, whose
> members deal with each other primarily."
>
> ***this novice made that discovery too, and I hope my course reflects
> that
> knowledge.***
>
> The trick is to be accepted in the club.
>
> ***Yes, and I lay out steps I believe are the shortest distance
> between
> outside and in***
>
> This entrance
> fee takes couple of years of pain and suffering.
>
> ***"Passion" means "pain", and hence the first exercises we do are
> related to
> determining what your passions are - after 25 years it is still
> painful to
> see others products who arent quite right, or worse yet, competitors
> products
> who sometimes are better, if you are passionate, the pain never
> goes...but
> the entrance fee is providing a value, not pain and suffering, and
> certainly
> not years to get in. You can get in on day one by providing a value,
> and the
> entrance committee is customers. they decide if you are allowed in
> or not,
> so again, that is why we start with customers.***
>
> I understand it, so I am looking for a member of the
> club to work for.
>
> ***This is always an option, but you dont need a class to work for
> somone
> else, this class is designed for those who wish to start a company
> from
> scratch...***
>
> You make the class fun, but the joke is on us, is it?
>
> ***I truly do try to make the class fun, even going as far as
> studying M V
> Martialis for tips on epigrammatics, the style best suited to
> internet relay
> chat communication. But I am baffled as to what the joke would be,
> and why
> would it be on the students...please do elucidate.***
>
> You wrote:
> ***this .. without customers you are doomed, and you
> need no partners to get customers.***
> OK.
> What is the secret? My impression is the secret is:
> staying in business for 2 years,
> nocking at 1000 doors,
> being rejected 99% of the time,
>
> ***I think this is what most people do, nothing secret aboout it, and
> it is a
> terrible waste, and certainly not what those successful have done.
> As you
> will see, the patterns I lay out are nothing like you imagine
> here.***
>
> until (if ever) you become accepted as a legitimate
> member of the club.
> 99% of aspirants are broke in that time financially,
> psyckologically, physically, and become taxi drivers
> and computer programmers. The rest 1%, the lucky ones,
> prove it can be done, so new suckers would keep trying
>
> ***again, membership is decided by customers, no one else. if you
> provide a
> value, you are a member from day one. merely proposing to provide a
> value
> has always made me a member from day one. the only question is HOW
> MUCH
> value you provide, and you can tell how much value you provide by
> your
> income. yes, very many people do not succeed at business (or at
> poetry, or
> at love, or at mathematics, or any of many attempts, but somehow life
> goes
> on...I am passionate about skiing, sex and chess, but not very good
> at any of
> them...am I bitter? heck no... I just keep at it and hope my partners
> dont
> quit on me.)... What this class offers is a detailed look at what
> steps may
> be taken to start a real business, steps those you see who have
> succeeded
> took. If 99% fail, it is because 99% did not provide a value in the
> marketplace. Ski lessons from someone who knows how might help me.***
>
> You started working FOR SOMEBODY, which is a
> secret of success probably.
> But you boldly declared that you can teach us the
> trick of breaking in on our own.
>
> ***yes, at 19 I went to work for an import company as a delivery boy.
> I went
> to work for others who started their own businesses. It took at
> least ten
> years to learn what it takes to start my own business (I am a slow
> learner)... then I started my own... the skills necessary to work for
> someone
> else are not the skills necessary to start your own biz... this class
>
> focusses on starting your own, something I started teaching because
> nobody
> else teaches this (there are some who claim to, but they dont bother
> with
> finding customers or suppliers or products). Not only do i teach
> what it
> takes to start your own, I take you through the very steps. I dont
> want you
> to take my word for anything...I want you to go through the steps
> that those
> who are successful go through, and then you tell me what happens.***
>
> The message is too sckeptical to say it in the class,
> I don't want to be a "party pooper", so I am sending
> it outside of class. >>
>
> *** I actually enjoy the challenges...but if your premises are wrong,
> might
> your conclusions be wrong?****
>
> john
>


=====
we teach that which we most need to learn.
we reject in others that which we most need to love in ourselves.
TO err is human but to forgive is divine.
Divinity anyone?


0 comments: