Tuesday, January 22, 2002

A Variation On A Theme

Folks,

I wonder if these people knew how to develop markets and products if they
would resort to this. I'd love to interview the author and find out what are
his views of the world -

Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 02:06:08 -0800 (PST)
Subject: URGENT NEED FOR HELP
Return-Path:

TEL:27-83 345-7819
FAX:27-11-648-1881
e-mail:nwaagulu@yahoo.com


Dear Sir,

Compliments of the season.This very confidential
letter should not come as a surprise to you.I am Col.
Manfred Owoh. I worked as the Personal Adviser on
defence matters to the late President Laurent
Kabila,the former President of Democratic Republic of
Congo (DRC).I got your contact through your country’s
trade journal.

Following the civil war in my country,the Head of
State delegated me to arrange for armed purchase from
the Republic of South Africa through independent Arms
dealer.I was directed to purchase arms worth US$30
Million (Thirty Million United States Dollars).On my
arrival in South Africa, I learnt that Kabila had been
shot dead by his personal bodyguard.Aware that
Kabila’s regime would fail,I saw this as a golden
opportunity and decided to divert this fund,which was
brought to South Africa through diplomatic means.I
deposited this money in a private security company.

Currently,this proposal is to inform you that I want
to transfer this money into any of your
personal/company’s account within the shortest
possible time.It is in this light of this that I took
my time to arrange for a confidential and trustworthy
individual who can assist me in transfering this money
and stand as the rightful beneficiary of this fund so
that we can move the money out of South Africa
immediately.I am presently staying in South Africa as
a political asylum seeker with my family.

Please , note that this transaction demands highest
degree of trust and confidentiality between
us.Moreover,it is risk free in the sense that I have
taken proper care of all the formalities regarding it.

Please reply with the above telephone number or E-mail
address,and furnish me with your private telephone and
fax numbers for the future confidential
communication.

In appreciation of your assistance,I have worked out
the sharing ratio for this transaction as follows :70%
for me,which I will invest in your country under your
close supervision,while 25% is for your efforts and we
shall set aside 5% for all incidental expenses.As I
wait to hear from you,note that all communication on
this transaction shall be through the above telephone
and fax numbers.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Best regards,
COL. MANFRED OWOH

N/B : This business is secret and confidential.


0 comments: