Monday, November 18, 2002

Sales Rep. in US to sell AVT (Go cart)

Re: [spiers] Sales Rep. in US to sell AVT (Go cart)


In a message dated 11/18/02 8:43:09 AM, joonkho@hotmail.com writes:

<< Hello,

I'm new to this group. I'm currently working on a venture in China to import
AVT (four wheels drive go cart). I'm competing against all the japenese
brands in terms of price. Do anybody know of any independent sales
representative here in US that can help me sell through trade shows, etc?
Also, do anybody know of an engineer or company that works with AVT? I want
to compete in terms of design as well, therefore, I need a senior level
engineer to modify the design. Please advise. Thank you.

Joon Ho >>

I think it is too early to work with independent sales representatives... if
you have not redesigned the product to meet the needs of the market, then you
don't need to have a rep yet.

I am not sure why you think you need a "senior level engineer," did your
potential customers tell you that?

You might find the book on Harley Davidson and how they got back into the
market useful, they have a theme called "immersion in the culture of the
market" meaning they redesigned the product based on what the customers
wanted. They found out what the customers wanted by every harley davidson
employee joining a motorcycle club. What ATV club have you joined?

John


0 comments: