Monday, February 24, 2003

Package from Thailand

Re: [spiers] Package from Thailand

Hi,
I have been importing from that part of the world for the
last 15 months. If your package final destination is
Seattle, then it should go all the way to Seattle. Once
there, the facility that handles your package will contact
you so that you can arrange w/ custom to clear it. Depend
on the merchandise, most stuffs you can clear them yourself
if your shipment is less than $2000 -customs will advise
you. Some will require formal entry -footwear is one of
them. Hope this help.
Q
--- cyav@attbi.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Need some help picking up a package from Thailand. A
> friend send me a package
> from Thailand via Eurasia Freight Service in San Diego
> but final destination is
> here in Seattle. I call Eurasia Service to pick up my
> package but they request
> that I need to clear with custom service before I can
> pick up the package with
> another company which has the package. Why is it so
> complicated with such
> delivery. Why can't I just pick up the package if my
> friend already paid for
> the delivery and package already. Does anyone know what
> is the process of
> getting package from Thailand or Soutehast Asia deliver
> here to Seattle? Your
> response would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.


0 comments: