Tuesday, February 25, 2003

product liability

Re: [spiers] product liability


In a message dated 2/25/03 6:54:35 AM, leo@hispaniccompass.com writes:

<importer of this product I was told (by an insurance agent) that - by
law - I have to have product liability insurance - and that it costs
anywhere from $5000 upwards - if an insurance company wants to "touch" a
new company. >>

I actually cover this in the book... but wouldn't it be wonderful if there
was a law you had to drink coffee from a glass mug? My business would be
better!

There is no such law about glass mugs, and I doubt there is one about product
liability insurance. If his business benefits from such a law, he certainly
would be able to cite the law for you. Ask him. If upon clarification there
is no such law, then you are unstuck.

Remember to evolve around your "clients" , that is to say, if they say you
need product liability insurance then get it. Did they tell you to get it?

John


0 comments: