Monday, March 10, 2003

air shipping

Re: [spiers] air shipping

Quang,

To answer your question, yes, if you are not highly directive in air
freigting goods it is possible your goods will not be expeditiously sent.

Are you working with a customsbroker? They ought to be able to get this
straightened out for you. If you are importing less than $2000 worth of
goods and therefore doing an informal entry of the goods, then perhaps you
should contact UPS or FEDEX and pay their premiun charges to assure
reasonable delivery dates.

Also, The US Govt is imposiing some "security" procedures overseas that may
be holding things up a bit more lately. Let me know how it goes.

John
In a message dated 3/9/03 4:15:16 PM, quang_n0@yahoo.com writes:

I've been working as a designer/importer for the last 16
months. My merchandise is shipped by air from Asia. Lately
there have been problems w/ the shipper. It appears that
many shipping agencies would consolidate before they ship
to make more profit or to be competitive, not to mention
other problems they have. Is there other ways for me to
ship? I don't have to have 3 days shipping. I can live w/
10 days shipping.


0 comments: