Wednesday, June 18, 2003

Trade in Services Database

Paul,

Let me start by saying I think this project would be a lifetime job, to get
going and pursued, what with the main market and ancillary services...

***
.
I see that the supply-side of the business would be to buy data from ICC,
then provide the "collection and distribution" function (computer back-end
work to import the data and web pages to allow customers to query/report it).

***Yes...***

Since the trade associations would be contacted to ask the "does it exist?"
question, are you suggesting that they would be the marketers and retailers
of the data? I extrapolate, then, that the paying customer is the importer
who would learn about the service through the trade association?

***I would think so.... when I wante the info i went to commerce dept USA, who
I'd expect to have it...no budget, no dice. I already knew industry
associations did not have it...so I quit.***

I have a proposal for you. If you, as a typical customer, can assist me in
identifying specific features of this service that would be useful to you
(so I know what to ask the ICC),

***No problem...***

and identify the retailers where you would
go to find this service (so I can determine if anyone will buy it),

*** Industry associations, articles to trade mags... that si to say, an article
for $1000 on "trends in import export of T-Valve design services for T-Valve
Weekly...***

then I
will take it from there. If I can get paying customers and turn it into a
business, then I'll give you free access to the service.

***Sure..***

(I hope I am not handicapped by the fact that one of the things I get paid
to do, is import data from companies into a database, reformat it, and
create web pages to access the data.

**You mean, as in beiing careful to avoid organizing around resources? I would
think the passion is the data mining, the oppty is usa data consumers... it is
clear you are not connected to the resources, that is the ICC.... so ... I dont
see the problem there...

***

John


0 comments: