Wednesday, July 30, 2003

More on patents

Folks,

The first time I went from West Berlin to East Berlin, I saw communism was
bogus (and it was easier under the communists to get thru an airport or train
station than it is in USA under the Republicans). The first time I went from
hong Kong to china, I saw that free markets worked. When i self-studied
economics, such arguments as we see here


http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/comment-crane-pilon072903.asp


caused me to reject the Keynesians, Chicago school, Monetarists and others.
Only the 'austrian school' made any sense, and as far as I could tell, those
successful in business were essentially "austrian economists" even if they
never heard of Ludwig von Mises, Hayek, Say or Bastiat.


Anyway, apparently the 'free marketers' in the think tanks got flack for paid
sophistry, so a whole lotta backpedalling going on.


But notice still, they argue about gnats and ticks and miss the 800 pound
gorilla, intellectual property rights.

john


0 comments: