Friday, August 1, 2003

More on patents

RE: [spiers] More on patents

I should be more clear...!


***
Then, I wonder how come the most successful capitalist in the world are in
America? Henry Ford, Rockefellers, Hertz Fa. Bass Fam, Bill Gates, Michael
Dell, Warren Buffet, and oh my goodness lets not forget the thousands and
thousand of poor millionaires in the country with 10 millions or less.

***Yes, USA is #1 in everything; what I should have stressed is as a
percentage, Hong Kong generates more wealth per capita, (and more billionaires
per capita) and more evenly distributed due to the freer markets***

I
guess in America a "Not So Free" market can obviously make you richer".

***Is it American Enterprise Institute... or some other org that rates countries
for freedom...? anyway, whoever it is, that Hong Kong and a few others come
above USA is not news... we are 5th or 6th every year. I am eager to see USA in
#1 slot.***

I
wonder if there are more successful millionaires in Austria than in the USA?
What has their stock market done lately? and what do their economist have to
say? Mmmmmm. I wonder...

***Here again I should have been clear. Among economists, "austrians" mean the
hard-core free traders, an appellation, like marxists or keynesians or
monetarists or supply-siders. Although they once grouped in Vienna, the Nazi's
put prices on their heads so they spread out. Their headqurters, so to speak,
currently, is, of all places, Auburn, Alabama. www.mises.org***

John


0 comments: