Monday, September 22, 2003

Importers

Re: [spiers] Importers

I have resumed my research at the library. I found one lead dating back one
year that was a potential client from the TOP program.

***I understand this to mean you are looking at old Trade Opportunity Program
leads offered by the US Dept of Commerce to track potential buyers, as I
recommend in my book...***

What I do not
understand is that in my earlier research in that NTDB, Canada was the
leading country in which the USA exported co-axial cable to . Why is there
no more buying and selling transactions being recorded by TOP program.

***Because like every govt program relating to int'l trade I can think of, TOP
is a waste of time and money, or worse. Notice the only useful technique I
mention is to use it in a way not intended, and I don't recommend it as a
primary method.***

I see
a host of cable manufactuerer in the Thomas Register, many exporter that
export cable, and hundreds of Canada importers of cable.

***Yes, the people actually doing business stay off trade lead lists...***

In order to
establish a customer base do I compose letters directly to the Canada
importers. Should I go directly to the manufacturer requesting information
concerning inquiries from overseas.

***Yes... customers first... assuming you love the coaxial cable and what it
does for the world, and you want to live breath think eat taste coaxial cable
and its associated products the rest of your life, you have a passion for it,
first confirm you believe you have solved a problem everyone in the coaxial
cable business is experiencing.

Unless you can do that, then you can only compete on price, something no one
will take seriously.

Once you have solved a problem everyone in the coaxial cable business is
experiencing... then try to buy your product from the regular suppliers... and
see if you can get them to say "it is a good idea and does not exist..."

So confirm you are at this point, then we can proceed.

john


0 comments: