Sunday, November 16, 2003

Puchasing Agent

Re: [spiers] Puchasing Agent

I spoked with people... and found
out that some of my ideas all ready existed in the market. Some of the ideas
are not feasible.

***Aren't you glad you found out while it was still just an idea, and not after
you had a garage full?***

The best idea I had was putting dust filters on the fans
inside pc computer to collect dust. I believe my friend said they do exist
on some types of computer, but I have never seen them on any fans on pc
computer. Also, I thought about designing a dust filter that you could
attached to the inside wall of the pc computer that would collect dust. My
netwoking friend believe these are great ideas.

***Your networking friend is not a big enough market to tell you anything
useful... you must go to people who will place purchase orders. There are
upscale computer stores, oones you can visit and ask if yours is a good idea and
does it exist... as I always advise... BUT... in hi-tech machinery.. isn't the
process usually something is BIG and new an expensive and then it comes down to
small and inexpensive? I am just wondering aloud... in my house I have a
filter that somehow electronic catches dust and pastes it to a metal
filter..something with ionic charges or something... but anyway, we just pop
this out every month or so and throw it in the dishwasher... all clean. maybe
your clean computer comes by means of somethiing bigger that gets smaller... but
what do I know. ***

My next step is to take my idea to a purchasing agent. I wanted to know how
would you contact a puchasing ageagent directly. The stores I thought about
were Micro Center, Circuit City, Office Max, Office Depot and Best Buy here
in Chicago.

***Extremely unlikely. they want what everyone walks into the store for... a
well-known brand and product... they also want relaible suppliers.. if your
product WAS a hit, it is unlikely you would have the economies of scale and
logistics in place to supply the demand. the manufacturing and supply chain
does not wait still in hopes someday we are successful. So it is extremely
unlikely anyone will speak to you at that level.

Now, as i said, there are plenty of smaller stores specializing and high price.
often they sell only Apple computers, but they also sell planty of azccessory
items. Plenty of companies make losts of money selling to Apple users what
Apple will not make.***

John


0 comments: