Sunday, November 16, 2003

Sales Commission

Re: [spiers] Sales Commission

As another data point, you could consult Agency Sales Magazine, the mag for
Manufacturing Agents National Association. I recently found a survey of
commissions in their Oct 2003 issue. The commish is between 5 and 11.1
percent ( "average" numbers), dependent on which part of the food and
beverage industry you are selling to, and whether you sell to end users,
OEMs, or distributors.


At 06:11 PM 11/3/2003 EST, you wrote:
>Rowena,
>
>The research phase where you dive into the trade journals, etc, ought to
give
>you that info...if not, I always fouond it useful, as a student, since I was
>a student, to call around as a student and ask people who should know, so I
>might have the info for a study I am doing. Now as a "teacher" people are
>still willing to share... but ask around, and see what kind of concensus
you arive
>at...
>
>john
>In a message dated 11/3/03 2:10:25 PM, rowena@irieusa.com writes:
>
><>Wondered if you could assist me, I'm thinking about hiring an outside
>sales representative to sell my natural and organic products and pay
>them commission only.
>What advice can you give me and how can I find out what is the going
>rate of commissions in the food and beverage industry.
>Thanks
>Rowena Mills


0 comments: