Tuesday, December 2, 2003

Re: vending machine business

In a message dated 12/2/03 5:57:43 PM, BXC1945@lausd.K12.CA.US writes:

HI JOHN; PLEASE ADVISE ME.........I AM IN THE PROCESS OF BUYING THREE
SNACK

BARS AND DRINKS VENDING MACHINE TO START MY OWN BUS, BUT I AM AFRAID ABOUT

IT.

***Yikes... Betty! I know nothing about Vending Machine Business... you'll
have to talk to an expert about that... check with your local SBA (Small
Business Administration)... what is funny is you are NOT the first person to
contact me with this problem. I am starting to worry... have I said somewhere I
think the vending machine biz is good?***


I DON'T KNOW IF THE $20,000 MONEY INVESTED WILL COME BACK. SO FAR I HAVE

$2,000 DEPOSIT WITH THIS COMPANY AND I AM SUPPOSE TO PAY THE REST NEXT WEEK.


*** Well, $20,000 at say 8% interest for 5 years means you'll have to
generate payments of $405 per month just to pay for the machines, let alone
candy,
maintenance, insurance, labor to restock, utilities, etc. Normally you have to
pay rent wherever you set up the machine to whoever owns the place where the
machine goes. I don't think the people in this business have missed any good
locations to put machines, so you have to figure you will get only very
low-productive areas.

My advice is check with experts in the VEnding machine biz...***

John


0 comments: