Monday, January 19, 2004

Product bar code and textile material tag

Re: [spiers] More questions on textile material tags


In a message dated 1/16/04 11:38:24 AM, jrodina@sbcglobal.net writes:

<Yes, I'd like more info on the textile tags also. I am buying some textiles
from SE Asian craftspeople who, for the most part, do not speak English, so
I can't ask them to make to fabric content and country of origin tags for
me.

***this is where the agent over there becomes so valuable... if these people
cannot come up with the required tags, it is extremely unlikely they will come
up with the right papaerwork to get your products out of the C/O and into the
USA... I'd find an agent...***

Is there a source here in the states where I can have tags made and then
provide them to my craftspeople to attach to the textiles? Must the tags be
made of cloth and sewn in or can they be made of paper and attached with a
cloth or plastic tagging barb (the kind you find on most clothing in
department stores)?

***Yes, it can be done here, but wait until your agent weighs in on the
issue, and certainly find out from your custoemrs what they want in the way of
tagging.***
John


0 comments: