Friday, March 19, 2004

Fw: [spiers] Re: customers broker / freight forwarder

John:

Thanks for your advise. Actually, I am not hosting the booth, I am just
helping a manufacturer from India to set up his booth. He is actually the
one footing the bill here. I am just helping him with freight logistics, and
reviewing photos of his merchandise to help him pick out material I think
will sell for him. He will sell off the booth merchandise so there won't be
any problem with storage at the end.

Also, he is looking for a company that will rent display shelves, etc for
his booth as he will fly directly from India to Charlotte for the show (the
Super Floral Show) and display equipment is too expensive to airfreight. He
claims that when he has gone to gift shows in Frankfurt that they have
companies that actually do this sort of thing. I actually have never done
any of this before so I am not experienced and am learning as I go....

However, he does want me to act as his U.S. liason, for which I am a little
skeptical. I worked with this source at my last job where I was a buyer /
importer and he had a problem with shipping the orders on time and some
items came in not like the approved samples and also damaged--course, they
were huge orders, so there were problems with production on his end, I
think. It makes me nervous, there could be a major liability/logistics
problem which I don't want. Any advise for me on this? It could prove to be
very lucrative in the end, though, so it is hard to say no.

Cindie


----- Original Message -----
From:
To:
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 10:48 AM
Subject: Re: [spiers] Re: customers broker / freight forwarder


>
> In a message dated 3/19/04 10:13:00 AM, 3pecks@comcast.net writes:
>
> I am interested in bringing over by airfreight about 500 to 600 kgs of
items
>
> (pottery and brass) from India
>
> ***For which you have orders?***
>
> for a show in June in North Carolina.
>
> ***Highpoint show?***
>
> Does
>
> anyone know of a good customers broker / freight forwarder that could
handle
>
> this for me?
>
> ***Check the directory of us importers available at many libraries you can
> see who else imports your kind of goods and which customsbrokers serve
them...***
>
> They would have to store the freight for a few days as well
>
> till we can get into the show to set up the merchandise.
>
> Yes, they could, and you can check
> http://www.logistics-buyers-guide.com/apwr/ for local public
warehouses.
>
> Do recall though, that setting up and hosting your own booth I don't
advise,
> better to have space in an established rep's booth... on the other hand,
do
> let us know how this goes...
>
> John
>
>
> Cindie>>


0 comments: