Friday, May 28, 2004

Puzo & meeting place with manufacturer?

Arrrgggghhhh!

Folks,

My advice on taking people to a restaurant sounds awful...or at least I make
quoting mario puzo sound awful... one would reasonably think when I say "these
people" I am referring to your Italian guests, especially with the last don
reference, etc.. Arrgghh...

Anyway, read 'these people' as any potential suppliers who visit. I like
Puzo's advice, since it supports my contrarian view that we DO NOT need to
impress potential suppliers with our letterhead, card, office space, or the
restaurant we meet at...that we impress them with the quality of our work.
Puzo's lesson is universally applicable. No one has complained of my
characterization, but even I can see it was offensively worded.

I regret my choice of words.

john Spiers


0 comments: