Tuesday, July 6, 2004

business license?

Re: [spiers] business license?

Yes, you will need a business license unless the county and/or state where
your business is located does not require one (which is highly unlikely).

You may be thinking, "Well, I work out of my home and I use my home phone
(which is my only phone) and I don't have a conventional business office.
So, do I still need a business license?" Yes, you do.

It's the business activity that counts, and it is typically the amount of
gross business income on which the business license fee, which is a tax, is
based. The percentage, if not the ultimate amount, is usually quite small.

In order for you to find out what's necessary in your county or state, call
the Treasurer's office of the county you are in. They will be able to tell
you what you need and where to get it. In fact, they will probably mail the
business license application to you.

The preceding is based on my experience in Fairfax County, Virginia.

John, or someone else will need to answer your question on

> should we ask for and track their wholesalers¹ license numbers?

Dave




on 7/6/04 1:25 AM, Gary Paulazzo at g.paulazzo@comcast.net wrote:

> Hello-
>
> Do we need a business license? Also, when we sell to the wholesalers,
> should we ask for and track their wholesalers¹ license numbers?
>
> Thank you.
>


0 comments: