Friday, August 27, 2004

Let's Network!

Re: [spiers] Let's Network!

Hi Wai Seng,

I'm not in the Seattle area, but I thought I'd mention meetup.com
because it would be a good medium for getting other interested people
to join when the time is right (and also you can do venue planning,
voting to see who will attend, message boards, etc.).....and it's all
free (that's my favorite part! ;-) ).

Take care!
--- Wai Seng Yau wrote:

> Hello, everyone!
>
> I'm a fellow entrepreneur, specifically an importer, in the Seattle,
> WA
> area. My business is about a year old. I have come across other
> entrepreneurs who are importing and found that we all seem to have
> similar
> sets of interests, issues, problems etc. I also found out that there
> are
> many entrepreneurs out there who are working by themselves with
> different
> skill-sets who can help one another brain-storm, solve problems or
> simply to
> chat and lend support.
>
> I know we are all busy with many tasks and things on our minds with
> very
> limited time (or other resources). However, I would like to see if
> there's
> anyone out there in the Seattle/King County area who would like to
> form a
> group where we can get together and meet at a local venue and discuss
> interests or issues around importing and business. This venue and
> meeting
> will provide a great opportunity for locals to meet one another,
> network or
> even collaborate and help each other.
>
> As such, we want to make sure that this group can offer valuable
> advise to
> others and can provide mutual assistance and benefits to the group.
> Therefore, I want to only invite entrepreneurs who already have a
> business
> and already have products placed in the marketplace to participate.
> Of
> course we would like entrepreneurs in their planning stages to
> participate
> but for now I would like to just limit the group to people who
> already have
> first hand experience getting products thru the borders and selling
> to the
> marketplace. We'll of course, down the road, invite others to
> participate.
>
> I'm thinking of having our first meeting around late Sept/early Oct.
> For
> those who are interested in joining, pls respond to e-mail at
> ysingie@cablespeed.com with your name, telephone number, e-mail
> address and
> a brief description about your business. I'll start to put a group
> list
> together by mid-Sept to e-mail out to everyone who has responded to
> finalize
> a meeting location, time and agenda.
>
> So let's network and make a difference! Thank you for your time!


0 comments: