Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Agent fees

Hi John,
How are you doing? Hi to Seattle!

I have a question... I manufacture my own baby clothing line (in China), and
am selling to specialty stores here (thanks to your book and great guidance
I'm trying to compete on design!). One interesting thing that has evolved is
some US companies of decent size like my product quality/prices and have asked
me
to source baby blankets/clothing for them under their private label... I
guess I'm their sourcing "agent" with some consulting and design thrown in too.
I'm currently working on 3 projects and getting good feedback about the samples
but....

I have no idea how to be an "agent", what percentage fee to charge, or what
paperwork to draw up? Any input from the group would be great!

Thanks!!
Mary Morrison

Coral Gables, Florida


0 comments: