Sunday, February 20, 2005

organic clothing

I have been locally involved with the organic lifestyle. So, suit to
say, my interest is toward this direction. I recently attended the
fashion industry trade show MAGIC, and Im thinking of designing
organic lines of clothing. There are few big companies that are
taking a lead into organic clothing, i.e. Nike, eddie bauer,
timberland and many more... but, I noticed most of their design
lines are strictly outdoor or "yoga" wear. I want to make organic
clothing functional in career settings, in short, just more variety,
more selections.

Do i source organic fabric domestic? where do i take my designs to
create patterns? to assemble the materials and sew them?

anyone already in garment industry? i attended one of the seminars
by d. birnbaum, he said " all of us are self-taught"..i would like
to hear what think

olivia


0 comments: