Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Distribution channels for US products in Shanghai

Re: [spiers] Distribution channels for US products in Shanghai

hi John!
Thanks for your reply! I'm always amazed, I'm sure
hundreds of people email you each day and yet, you are
able to reply rather quickly...thank you!

I didn't see the link to the pdf doc... can you
resend?

I'm actually not looking to export my own personal
product but may have an opportunity to help a US trade
company that has exclusive distribution rights for
certain products for China.

I wanted to get some preliminary info to see if I
might be able to help and I do have some contacts in
Shanghai. But I definitely thought of you as someone
who may have some solid insight on doing the export
side.

I like your idea though about targeting the small
business or area...however most local Shanghainese
will most likely not be able to afford the US products
at the price they need to sell once in China.

The target would be the smaller slice of working
professionals which small slice as it may be, is still
a lot of people....the middle class segment of China
consists of 300 million people! and they are steadily
getting more affluent. They just need to be educated
on how great our US products are! :)

The challenge is not in the logistics (though I will
definitely check out if they could be saving there),
but on targeting and infiltrating the right
distribution channels to get their products in the
right places.

Hope to hear from you soon again!
--Ahnee

--- wileyccc@aol.com wrote:

>
> In a message dated 7/11/05 10:52:11 AM,
> akmin2000@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << Does anyone have experience bringing US products
> to
>
> market in China? If so, do you have any insight on
>
> the what the process is to get your products in the
>
> right distribution channels?
>
> ***Yes, I have sold fruit into China, but most of my
> experience is in buying
> from the Chinese. The key as always is to be the
> best source for the item in
> particular that you represent.***
>
>
> Can someone map out what the process is and for
>
> example, what it would take to get your products in
>
> the retail stores like CarreFour in Shanghai?
>
> ***CArrefour is a French version of Walmart, and in
> fact I think they are #2
> retailer worldwide behind Walmart... my argument
> would be, like walmart, we
> literaly have no business trying to serve such a
> huge customer... we don't have
> the economies of scale in manufacturing, in
> distribution and finance... on the
> other had, yes China is selling more and more to
> USA, and USA sales to China
> are growiing as well... why not sell USA products in
> an are you can provide a
> value... on this website is a .pdf copy of the
> textbook I wrote...downlaod it
> and review chapter 8 for a gameplan of exporting at
> the smal biz level...***
>
>
> If you have any insight you could share, it would be
>
> much appreciated. The products are for US health
> and
>
> beauty goods.
>
>
> ***A wide open market at teh small biz level...***
>
> JOhn


0 comments: