Friday, September 30, 2005

Freight/Gift Show Thailand

Hello Everyone:

Gift Show
I'm glad that many of you attended the Las Vegas Ken Fair upon my
recommendation. I plan to be going to Bangkok's International Gift Fair from
Oct. 17-20. From preliminary research, I can determine that the companies there
are more design oriented and their minimum quantity purchases are significantly
lower than China's. The flipside obviously is that pricing will be higher. For
those that want cutting edge design built into their product, I would look in
Thailand. If anyone has been to this show or can offer more insight into the
Thai export scene, that would be much appreciated. More information can be found
at www.thaitradefair.com.

Issues:
As a budding new importer, I would like to draw upon the group's wisdom as it
relates to transport and payment. As my orders from multiple suppliers will be
relatively small, what is the best means by which I can ship product (i.e.,
housewares) back to N. America? I understand the concept of container
consolidation but don't know how or who I would get to provide this service for
me. Any recommendations for customs brokers (US/Canada) would be appreciated as
well. If someone could provide a step-by-step of this process, I would be
grateful.

Payment
Also, for payment, is L/C the only approved method of purchasing or can Credit
Cards be utilized? When do you create the L/C facility? Before or after you
place order with supplier?

Any other helpful information relating to this would be appreciated.
Regards,
Amyn


0 comments: