Monday, September 19, 2005

Interesting Corning Glass exchange

I'm trying to find a supplier for borosilicate sheet glass, also
known as Pyrex glass. The glass will be used for an optical
application with a very limited market. Pyrex is a product produced
by Corning Glass in NY. I e-mailed Corning Glass asking how I could
obtain their glass directly. The response:

What am I, the customer, going to do for Corning Glass! My 3 – 5
year business plan needs to help their company grow! I know, it's
obscene! Here is their email answer to my question…..

"Although we sell through a distribution network, and our criteria is
quite arbitrary, a prospective company interested in becoming a
distributor could provide a detailed 3- 5 year business plan outline
ling how they plan to help us grow the 7740, Pyrex Rolled Sheet
business. You would have to comment to using Pyrex for specific
business opportunities, such as, a $500M stove window application,
This might also include a commitment to purchase, in advance, some
value of inventory. It all boils down to what can you do to help us
grow our business incrementally. It would not serve us well if all we
were doing is diverting business from on of our existing
distributors. "

Anthony


0 comments: