Monday, September 26, 2005

MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat)

Re: [spiers] MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat)


In a message dated 9/25/05 12:29:22 PM, guillot5491@yahoo.com writes:

I need some MRE's for my business and I'm going to buy a few thousand

to get a better price. I need to find groups/orgs/businesses/gov'ts

to buy what I don't need....Any ideas on

finding buyers would be appreciated.

A quick search of the internet will show you thousands of people selling
MRE's presently, perhaps you could see if they want the overage you anticipate.

If there is any money to be made...the MRE experts will make it... anyone
else getting involved will get burned. Seeing all this MRE activity reminds me
of when AIDS was the fear-du-jour & so many people were buying rubber gloves
from indonesia and malaysia hoping to make a killing, and as far as I could see
they all went bankrupt.

If sometime there is a killing to be made in hats, and you are a hat person,
then you will make it. It is as chaotic as that... The key principle is "age
quod agis"...do what you are doing...forget about the others..

FEMA burned 400,000 MRE donated from Britain last week... deemed "unfit for
human consumption.." Come on, Brit food isn't THAT bad... these MRE are the
same ones USA soldiers eat when on NATO operations... of course, at the same
time, the MRE contractors are going into overtime production... could it be
that
both Britain and USA make out when 400,000 mre's are incinerated...?

All disasters lead to new cuisine... think snails... truffles... sea
urchin...eel... not to mention, my favorites...well, never mind.

I was married in New Orleans, once, and I try to anniversary there...and we
delighted by the odd food..and to this day I only drink coffee with chicory.
During civil war, coffee was cut with chicory to extend it during the
shortage. Bitter, but it grows on you.... (and no I dont care for
beignets...just
fat flour and sugar anyway...nothing special there)

New Orleans will float again... I expect to see etouffee MRE on the menu at
Antoine's... and MRE jumbalaya at Commander's Palace when next I visit. And
how long will it take Zatarain's to offer a box of "blackened MRE catfish?"

Laissez lais bon temps rouler!

John


0 comments: