Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Why Don't they ...

Folks,

Here are another couple of ideas anyone can steal from me...

1. I was discussing katrina and relief efforts with an ER doctor when i
mentioned i would like a "Finder" GPS system that would find me in a disaster
and
deliver a gallon of water, a few MRE's, a gas mask and Smith & Wesson Police
Special. One pays a small monthly premium and the company delivers (via
helicopter?) in case of disaster. He laughed and said he had a friend who had
just
such a business, but all they do is locate you, and tell others. Well that
might make others happy, but I still will need my CARE package. So that is
open.

2. I submit to searches at the airport not because I am afraid of what al
qaeda can do to me, but because I am afraid of the government can do to me.
Nonetheless, first class is no longer up front on an airliner, it is now private
jet. (Up front is called frequent flier). There is a new 6 seater jet coming
onto the market with a price that will make "air taxis" as cheap as airliner
first class. Luftansa is gearing up for that, so expect Virgin and all others
to do so as well. They don't have to submit to govt searches. I expect to
see nobodies take on the major airlines (not a tough fight since 4 of 6 are now
in bankruptcy) skim the cream of the airliners customers by offering "Boeing
Field to Oakland" taxi service at say $300 round trip. And making a profit.

2. If that seems too big a job, then how about this: presently I fly to SFO
about once a month... IF I have no carryon, I can scoot thru "gate-grope" past
all the others. So set up a private locker service near the airport where I
can scoot in and claim my baggage. Locate it next door to a cleaners who can
launder my clothes between trips. That would save me at least 3 hours a trip.
Joint venture the idea with anyone running a self-storage service so you can
get their operations expertise.

Steal these ideas and then let me know so i can be your customer.

John


0 comments: