Saturday, December 31, 2005

Cancelling AOL

Folks,

I am tidying up at year end, and I am getting rid of aol.com, a service I've
been with from way
back... but now they have gotten so bad, my main complaint is for $24 they make
me wait a
long time to load ads before I can see my email... so if you have an email for
me, make sure it
is john@johnspiers.com...wileyccc@aol.com is going away.

Also years ago, I got very cheap long distance thru aol, via www.talk.com. I
checked my
account today and learned I have been paying about $45 in taxes EACH MONTH for 2
or 3
dollars in long distance service. Well, since I've switched to comcast for long
distance, and
contracted a flat rate, I don't think I'll get nailed again. In case you find
this unbelievable, I've
posted the bill at the group website...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/spiers/files/ ...

Apparently, every govt entity is piling on taxes on telephone bills for new,
unnoticed
revenues.

Well, I'll be saving some $600 this coming year cancelling talkamerica long
distance... you
may want to examine your telephone bills closely.

John


0 comments: