Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Questions

RE: [spiers] Re: Questions


> My product line concept only really makes sense south of the equator ...

Is this a globe or maps reoriented with australia up-over instead of down-under?
I saw those
years ago in usa trade shows... kinda funny to see maps and globes reoriented
upside down (to
our view) and first see australia as you view the media. Of course the names
are turned upside
down too. Actually I think they sold well in usa due to affection for australia
and simply the
interesting aspect as to just how do we figure north america is up on a globe
and australia is
down. Pure convention... just how do we figure north is up?

So do you think I should propose the product concept to the manufacturer now
> and then that way they may be willing to pay for the samples? I'd prefer
> to get the samples and get orders from my importer customers before going to
> the manufacturer with my product line but then that means I have to pay for
> the samples?

At this point, start by getting orders from the retailers, and when you have
enough to cover the
suppliers minimum, ask those very retailers for the names of importers they
commonly buy
from... then you contact those importers and match them with your supplier...
not ideal..but
probably best under the circumstances...

John


0 comments: