Monday, February 6, 2006

Blockbuster Situation

Re: Blockbuster Situation

There is one major product that Blockbuster rents that is not found
in Netflix and that is console games. The last time I went to
Blockbuster was about four months ago, before I owned a working DVD
player, and about a third of the local Blockbuster's floor space was
devoted to console games. At the moment, the xbox, playstation, and
gamecube aren't that attractive because I'm waiting for the next
generation of consoles. Anyways, the VHS selection was undesirable
but the DVD selection looked better. So, I bought a fantastic
computer but instead of going back to Blockbuster, I gave Comcast a
call for cable internet and now I don't have to waste time
travelling to be entertained. I believe that Blockbuster's final
gasp will be when Netflix starts renting out games.

Bo
Hershey,PA
--- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, "John Spiers" wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> I was once told intelligence is a matter of spotting patterns...
and I like to examine business
> deals (patterns) to see what works and does not work. Some people
just call it case studies.
> Anyway, there is probably no business as distorted as the
entertainment biz, so
> developments there are always particularly fascinating. This
review of comcast, and the deals
> they struck, is intersting...
>
> http://www.slate.com/id/2133995/?nav=tap3
>
> John


0 comments: