Monday, February 6, 2006

looking for a partner/mentor

Re: [spiers] looking for a partner/mentor

Recently China has a very good B2B website, http://www.alibaba.com You can
find all kinds of manufactures and suppliers, I find it very helpful.

Grace

Paul Snyder wrote: I had an identical
experience 2 years, ago, and John straightened me
out. For China, the external world flows through Hong Kong, and Hong
Kong has an ultra-efficient site that matches suppliers and
customers (hktdc.com or tdctrade.com). Setup an account, post an
enquiry, and make sure your inbox has enough space, cause you'll get a
lot of responses.

My personal preference is to not post detailed description of products
on the site.

No letter writing required. John, are there still countries that make
business introductions this way?

On Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:37, M A Granich wrote:
> I know what you mean. I have a notebook of ideas. I
> keep the notebook nearby so when inspiration strikes I
> can write it down. I have gone through the steps of
> talking to retailers about a few of the ideas and have
> received good feedback. In fact, some of them were
> very enthusiastic and I think retailers in general are
> desparate for anything new. I've also sent my letters
> to commercial attaches but that is where things
> stalled for me. I have not heard back yet from any of
> the countries I've sent letters to, (Singapore, China,
> etc...all based on research). But, I haven't followed
> up either. My thought is they get bombarded by
> similar requests. Maybe I'm too new or small to deal
> with. The way things are booming in some of these
> countries, I wonder if I'm competing with others for a
> slice of factory capacity. I wonder if the factory
> owner is picking and choosing the most profitable
> ideas.
>
> Anthony
>
>
> --- lucius dibble wrote:
>
>> hi everyone
>>
>> i took John's class 2 years ago as a credit class
>> for school. i have a natural affinity for
>> inventing/designing. i literally come up with new
>> ideas on a daily or weekly basis. i have tested the
>> waters in my area and stores seem to like my ideas.
>> my trip up is that the whole process of bringing a
>> product to market is daunting to me.
>> if there is anybody with a good grasp of the
>> business and is looking for new product ideas, i
>> would love to talk more with you.


0 comments: