Monday, February 6, 2006

looking for a partner/mentor

Re: [spiers] looking for a partner/mentor

I know what you mean. I have a notebook of ideas. I
keep the notebook nearby so when inspiration strikes I
can write it down. I have gone through the steps of
talking to retailers about a few of the ideas and have
received good feedback. In fact, some of them were
very enthusiastic and I think retailers in general are
desparate for anything new. I've also sent my letters
to commercial attaches but that is where things
stalled for me. I have not heard back yet from any of
the countries I've sent letters to, (Singapore, China,
etc...all based on research). But, I haven't followed
up either. My thought is they get bombarded by
similar requests. Maybe I'm too new or small to deal
with. The way things are booming in some of these
countries, I wonder if I'm competing with others for a
slice of factory capacity. I wonder if the factory
owner is picking and choosing the most profitable
ideas.

Anthony


--- lucius dibble wrote:

> hi everyone
>
> i took John's class 2 years ago as a credit class
> for school. i have a natural affinity for
> inventing/designing. i literally come up with new
> ideas on a daily or weekly basis. i have tested the
> waters in my area and stores seem to like my ideas.
> my trip up is that the whole process of bringing a
> product to market is daunting to me.
> if there is anybody with a good grasp of the
> business and is looking for new product ideas, i
> would love to talk more with you.


0 comments: