Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Consignment vs Final Sales

Re: [spiers] Consignment vs Final Sales

***I would keep redesigning until I got products that would work in the regular
market, in which consignment is never an option.***

You bet John. That's what I am thinking too.

Dan, the trick is to introduce new and better, based on a problem you
experience in a field you love... so tell us what that is...

Currently it is a wooden craft field that I am having problem with and plan to
go to other material based crafts either. When the customer told me to sell my
items on consignment, I think there must be something that they don't like. I
need to improve the designs and come back again later. Thanks for the heads up.

Dan

John Spiers wrote:

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 14:26:36 -0800 (PST), Daniel Purwadi

wrote :

> To all fellow small business owners,
>
> I'm wholesaling gift and craft stuff made of any kind of materials. When
dealing with
customers, sometimes I found many of them only selling goods on consignment
basis and
are not willing to buy. Does anyone ever have such experience? Should we
disregard these
kinda customers and focus to those willing to buy only?

***I would keep redesigning until I got products that would work in the regular
market, in
which consignment is never an option.***

>
> I agree with John's concept to never have inventory without orders on hands.
What should
we do to make them willing to buy? How about if it is a big store? Any thought
is greatly
appreciated. Thank you.
>
Dan, the trick is to introduce new and better, based on a problem you experience
in a field
you love... so tell us what that is...

John



Compete on Design!

www.johnspiers.com


0 comments: