Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Consignment vs Final Sales

RE: [spiers] Consignment vs Final Sales

As a small business owner, when I decide to carry an item on
consignment, it is usually because I am not so sure that the item will
sell, the cost is too high for me to put out of pocket, or I am just
appeasing a pushy salesperson.

As a small boutique owner, I rarely sell anything that I am not able to
take the price and multiply it by 3 or 4. So, when a person wants me to
give them half of the sales price, I simply will not carry that item.

I hope that helps you in figuring out your question.

Sincerely,
Brenda

-----Original Message-----
From: spiers@yahoogroups.com [mailto:spiers@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Daniel Purwadi
Sent: 03/28/2006 5:27 PM
To: spiers@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [spiers] Consignment vs Final Sales

To all fellow small business owners,

I'm wholesaling gift and craft stuff made of any kind of materials.
When dealing with customers, sometimes I found many of them only selling
goods on consignment basis and are not willing to buy. Does anyone ever
have such experience? Should we disregard these kinda customers and
focus to those willing to buy only? What's the fair rate for consignment
sales in gift and craft industry?

I agree with John's concept to never have inventory without orders on
hands. What should we do to make them willing to buy? How about if it is
a big store? Any thought is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dan


0 comments: