Monday, March 6, 2006

Service Exporter Tells Some

Folks,

Here is a how to from an American who sells software to Europeans, one CD at a
time, or
download as the case may be... plus a product idea...
***
The store is my website. My sales are facilitated and tracked through PayPal.
The customer
uses whatever currency and then PayPal makes a conversion to USD and takes a
fee.
Disgruntled but dutiful, I report the income on Schedule C for the feds.

Because my product can be put on a CD, I reverse engineered the Netflix
envelope and enjoy
the international USPS airletter rate (84 cents). With the airletter, I don't
have to wait in line or
deal with the droid at the p.o. asking me customs questions.

I also use PayPal for the exported service. For rendering the service, I use
Windows
Messenger chat to communicate. I post files for downloading on an ftp server
with Doteasy.

PayPal is all an electronic transfer of funds so I can't frame an actual dollar
from my first sale.
Although, I think that would be a good idea if PayPal had a service that mailed
a framed unit
of paper currency from your first export sale of the country you did business
with. That
would be a good lead for anyone that had a passion for frames, I guess.
***


0 comments: