Tuesday, April 11, 2006

How to Win the War In Iraq.

Re: How to Win the War In Iraq.

--- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, "Pete Holt" wrote:
>
> John,
> Please provide some credible evidence for your following assertions:
>
> On the other hand, I believe the reason there has been no second attack
> after 9-11 in the United States is because the Chinese have forbidden it.

***Credible evidence that I believe this? You'll have to take my word I believe
this.***

> This is nothing new, the prime reason for Nixon visiting China in 1972 was to
ask
the Chinese for a "decent interval" before Saigon fell to the communist forces,
so the
US would not look so bad when we quit Vietnam.

***this is nothing new, and you can take Nixon's and Kissinger's word for it,
since
they are on tape and in written memos saying just that... CSPAN had a panel
discussion on this very phrase and the documents backing it up last week.***

>
> China paid for US concessions with a washed-up puppet they had stashed in a
spider-hole, a puppet the US already owned!
>
***What part? China got concessions, China paid for concessions? China
bird-dogged
Saddam Hussein? Pure conjecture on my part, with a view to making sense of
rather
nonsensical events.***

> I don't agree with either the Republican neocons or the Democratic liberals.
But I
think it is a very good thing for both you and us that you did not go into
politics. It
would be even better if you stayed as far as possible from the subject as your
level of
expertise is much below you knowledge of business. It is rudimentary at best
and
unrealistic in the extreme. Best left alone.
>

***Say, you think I could get elected? Well, I've made clear before that even I
think it
is a bad idea for me to go into politics, what with what private mischief I
would
advance given the powerful leverage politicians get today. But you alarm me,
anything worthwhile I've got to say about biz I learned from others, so I am 3rd
rate
at best on the topic, a mere reseller of other's ideas..., so... my knowledge of
politics
must be risible indeed!

But the question posed still stands, how to bring peace and prosperity? You
must
have something superior to which to compare my musings, what might that be? Or,
is there a person you know of, given the job as president, would make things
better?

John


0 comments: