Monday, April 10, 2006

New Subject

Re: [spiers] New Subject

Get samples only, bring them to the stores you'd hope to see sell these items,
and then ask
them if they would buy if you got in this biz. Listen to their replies VERY
carefully.

I sold Xinjiang carpets 25 years ago, very good stuff. But deal;ing with
Xinjiang direct will be a
challenge.

John
On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 20:54:43 EDT, JockoChurch@aol.com wrote :

> John
>
> I completed your instruction almost two years ago. I read some of the
> e-mail to and from you, but I haven't ventured off on my own, yet. However,
> recently an offer came my way, from a Uygur I met in Kashgar, Xinjiang
Province,
> China. The offer is to represent this young man and sell the crafts he
> wants to sell in the US, i.e, carpets, local knives, etc.
>
> What advice do you have for me? Any comment on the demand for exotic
> Chinese carpets (not made in Beijing for the tourist trade) ?
>
> V/r
>
> John Church


0 comments: