Friday, May 12, 2006

Colombia Organics

On Thu, 11 May 2006 23:53:15 -0400, "angelahall"
wrote :

> I enjoy very much the group, but i am very shy and sensitive to write to so
> many people..(my english is not that good!), and some people have very
> strong opinions..

***Yes, like me... but you mustn't be afraid...join in any time...***
>
> I have my website for my organics products (My investment was $8.96)
> www.organicsoverseas.com, and I gave a try with the organic ingredient (I
> dont know if you remember, the organic shortening), but I think I am very
> close to sell this product...

***Very good...***
>
> The producers are coming from Colombia Next week to visit the customers with
> me (and other customers in MN, Wisconsin and California (Unfortunately, no
> budget for me to go to Ca..), but my father and brother insist that i must
> have a contract with the producers...

***A contract will not hurt, but what does it say?***

I learned in your class the importance
> of the "word" in international trade, but I think I should may be have
> something in writing. They gave me a price and I sent an offer with an
> additional 20%to the potencial customers in MN, and WI, we will have a
> meeting in Miami, and then we travel to see them..

***Well, makes notes on all of your discussions, and especially when the two
sides agree to
anything... and then later you send a letter that says:

" My dear friends in Colombia,

Glad to meet with you... this is what we discussed, this is what we agreed to...
1
2
3

If this does not meet with your understanding, please let me know.

Le reitero nuestras mejores consideraciones de respeto y alta estima,

Angela Hall"

Silence is agreement under the law, and if they do not respond, this is as good
as a
contract.***


> I dont know if I am loosing my time...
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks for your recomendation
>
> Angela Hall

***You only waste your time if you quit, there is always biz there somewhere...
if it is
something you love you keep responding to the good advice you get from your
custoemrs
and eventually it becomes viable.***

John


0 comments: