Friday, May 5, 2006

Liability Insurance?

Re: Liability Insurance?

Richard,

Sorry about the delay in replying... the importer has the liability, meaning
you. The
legal fiction is the importer is the manufacturer, since the courts cannot get
the
maker overseas...

Couple of options... do nothing, since you probably aren't worth suing and it
is
unlikely anyone is going to get hurt using your skin care creams... or simply
shop
around for product liability insurance, and see if it is doable...

John


--- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, Richard Ingels wrote:
>
> My wife and I want to develop a line of skin creams and have them
> formulated in the best possible place in high end markets. However, I
> was wondering about liability insurance. If someone else mixes the
> creams and I simply put my name on them, who is liable in a court if
> someone should sue? The formulator, or the brander? We have done some
> market research according to what I learned in your course and think
> that we may have a niche.
>
> thanks,
> Richard Ingels


0 comments: