Sunday, May 28, 2006

More On China - India

Re: [spiers] how to buy from China

Hi John,

Right now I buy Hoya camera filters from a US distributor on a 30 days
pay agreement, but would like to start buying from the manufacture in
China but I am unsure how to approach it. I have found a Hoya website
with addresses and phone numbers, should I just call and explain I am a
US retailer? My concern is that they will say, well you should go
through the US company............also I do not know if I will have to
pay for everything thing up front.

Right now I get filters at 30% off wholesale but it would assume buying
from the manufacture I could be paying much less, though then I have to
deal with customs etc. I am trying to get a feel if it is worth the
hassle. I am probably buying $50,000 to 75,000 a year though the US
distributor, so I would try to order 4 times a year - if that made
sense. I could use a credit card for payments.


Regards, Susan
>


> Compete on Design!
>
> www.johnspiers.com


0 comments: