Monday, May 29, 2006

New Product Idea

Re: New Product Idea

John et al,

Your complaint keeps surfacing. I found this article on CNN.com:

http://tinyurl.com/sxrr4

Anthony



--- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, "John Spiers" wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> Unhappy with my cell phone, my wife brought home a non-flip phone,
but it has the same
> problems... it does too much.
>
> First it is barely workable for me (I had my 12 year old program
it). The screen is unreadable,
> but pretty with 216 million colors... in bright sunshine I cannot
even see the color, let alone the
> print. Just when my eyes focus on the tiny screen, the light turns
off to save battery. I can do text
> messaging, IM, and all sorts of other wonderful things, features I
will never use. I could go on,
> but I'll get to the point.
>
> I went into the Cingular store with the current phone and the last
phone I was happy with ... a
> model from say 5 years ago. It showed date and time, sent and
received phone calls. And an
> alarm clock. It was readable in any light, since it was black and
white screen... and the battery
> lasted a long time.
>
> So, I asked the gal to move the sim card from the new phone to the
old, and she said, sorry, the
> old phones didn't have sim cards, it could not be done. So I ran
down my complaints, and asked
> her what she had that would work for me, and she said what I had
was the best they could offer.
>
> She also went on to say, she gets FOUR PEOPLE A DAY with my exact
same complaint... her
> uncle is an engineer at Nokia and she is thinking about tipping
him off.
>
> Well, does anyone have any aspiration to the phone biz? Seems to
me if so, there is a product
> here... an extremely simple cel phone, yes digital, with a sim
card, but plain vanilla phone with
> NONE of the time wasting features that entice 12 year olds. Dont
worry about nokia, they will
> never make such a phone.
>
> My daughter inherited a record collection and asked for a record
player for Christmas. Best Buy
> had one with a built in radio, etc. $80... which I expect is very
profitable. Real simple, updated
> cheap technology... made by a no-name company. narrow demand,
but profitable.
>
> Who is going to make a simple, useful cel phone? One that you can
just move the sim card into
> and then throw away the one Cingular made you buy? I'll be your
first customer.
>
> John


0 comments: