Wednesday, May 10, 2006

New Service Idea

Re: [spiers] New Service Idea


On Tue, 9 May 2006 19:42:34 -0700, Paul Snyder
wrote :
the real opportunity with people who
> get big "face" from spending foreign dough at fancy restaurants? I'm
> guessing that is it.

Perhaps, b ut when a business gets going, everyone is surprised at what the
custoemr wants, and
who they are... no one is more surprised thgatn howard Shultz that Starbucks #1
seller by far is a
caffe amchiatto caramel (or whatever it is called) making starbucks really a
candy store...***

>
> So here's what I envision: I sign up the retailers, send them a
> Fedex envelope and a rate sheet (with my cool logo, for branding
> purposes) that fits in a bill caddy (rates good for 1 month). They
> use a rate sheet both to show to the customer and to get paid by me -
> it's got a tally grid on the back for the bills they send me. After
> Fedex returns it to me, I send them back a new Fedex envelope, a new
> rate sheet, and a check containing the exchange money plus a royalty
> for them. The more the business, the bigger the royalty rate, thus
> incentivizing them to promote my service.
>
> Business can scale to other regions and can still be operated from
> the same place (magic of Fedex). I then hire someone to lift the
> enormous pile of bills to carry to the bank. Later, as you say,
> Thomas Cook buys the business in order to get wider brand
> recognition. One additional risk to those you mentioned would be the
> exchange rate variations over a month. As the U.S. declines,
> however, that may add to the profit margins. Insurance can be
> bought, in any event, through currency futures as revenue flow
> warrants. The other risk is inventory theft, as folks figure out
> that I have $100K per day flowing to my house. Of course, that's
> $100K in dong and peso, so maybe it's not so appealing to the average
> thief.

***No no no..this is too much trouble... the retailers check exchange rates
daily off your website
and they drop off the foreign currency into a drop box accoount at your bank
when they do any
other deposit. Forget about fedex and carriers etc... let the banks do all the
work...***
>
> Hmmm....interesting idea. What's the best way to see if demand
> exists for it?


***Try to pay for a meal with afghanis and when they say heck no ask why not?"""

John


0 comments: