Monday, May 22, 2006

USA #1 in Prisoners

Folks,

USA is # 1 in everything, and USA is # 1 in the world for incarcerating its
citizens, with blacks
jailed at a rate 700% higher than whites, and minorities make up 60% of our
prison
population. Nearly one in twenty black men are behind bars, (not to mention
blacks on
parole, awaiting trial, or burdened by conviction after time served), according
to US Justice
Department figures.

http://tinyurl.com/nnn5s

I am assured blacks have a higher rate of conviction because they commit more
crimes. I
think the explanation is simpler. But what bothers me is what with blacks
proving such
excellent competitors in sports and entertainment, I regret so few are competing
in business.
Of course, being a convict is a serious disadvantage to competing in business.
And thus
convicted, we are denied the good of blacks' competitive efforts in business.

Drugs are the #1 violation leading to prison in USA, and I’ve already pointed
out my view that
this is merely war on pain relief.

A free market in medicine is the solution to “drug abuse” but that is unlikely.
But the more
people self-employed, the more likely a free market will occur. Of course,
government would
find another war to fight, as once in England the govt made war on glass
windows. I am not
making this up.

John


0 comments: