Tuesday, August 8, 2006

More Healthcare, Mexican Nursing Homes

Re: [spiers] More Healthcare, Mexican Nursing Homes

I agree John. My grandmother is 95 years old and still going strong. She walks,
takes her own bath and converses intelligently. Of course, we have to scream at
her because she is "half deef", as she calls it.

I truly believe that if she were in a nursing home she would not be alive and
well.

But then, there are lots of folks who prefer to live their last days in a
sunny climate
pampered by someone other than relatives. Or perhaps, they don't have
relatives.

I have to admit, when I read the article, it appealed to me. I would not want
to die of old age away from my family, but during my better years, I would love
to live in such a
comfortable home giving my relatives a vacation destination for visiting!

Love and Light
Nurlinda


John Spiers wrote:
Now that is something that would bother me... I disagree with the practice of
'old folks
homes" since all generations thrive better longer in intergenerational houses.
It's another
one of the negative trends we are experiencing, and a better deal is to figure a
way to make it
easier to let elders live with juniors.

John
On Sun, 06 Aug 2006 00:12:51 -0000, "mgranich" wrote :

>
> I saw this on MSN.com, more medical tourism:
>
> http://travel.msn.com/Guides/article.aspx?cp-documentid=347209>1=8489
>
> and my brother, who lives in Mexico, sent me this message board
> posting about a nursing home. How can you beat 800 pesos a month
> ($74/month)!
>
> http://members2.boardhost.com/jamiefromalta/msg/1154778107.html
>
> Maybe there is room for "maquiladora" nursing homes just on the other
> side of the US Mexican boarder.
>
> Anthony


0 comments: