Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Web marketing

Re: Web marketing

I happen to frequent digg alot... they seem to be pretty popular and
are growing. Good for random readings on technology and strange
stories.

One thing I have noticed though is when sites like this become more
broadly focused they tend to lose some of their vitality. The first
passionate adoptors tend to move on because of the influx of
anonymous posters with no real attachment to the community.

Althought the web is always in flux - money made/money lost, the
medium can't be ignored. There is a lot a value that come from its
use.

I find that the most valuable sites and services are those that vocus
narrowly on a tiny niche.

Jason

--- In spiers@yahoogroups.com, "John Spiers" wrote:
>
> Folks,
>
> This is five pages long, but I highly recommend it, since it gets
to marketing...
>
> http://tinyurl.com/5m3o6
>
> Being a skeptic on internet claims has proven useful over the
years, but most of this article is
> quite sound on real change. I might add, that since i gave Google
my book to give away
> access for all, the sales of the book have doubled, plus, for some
reason, they pay me for
> clicks on ads from my book page at Google. It is only a few bucks,
but it is mystifying.
>
> John
>


0 comments: