Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Germans Want To Meet You

Folks,

Here is an exchange with some Germans, who desire I share it with you...
Hier ist ein Austausch mit einigen Deutschen, die den Wunsch teile ich es mit dir ...
***
Hey John,

after being done with weeks of lots of tasks and examns I am back working on my Business idea.



It would be great if you could forward my email/idea to all of your people. A lot of upcoming designers have given me positive feedback. Some already sent me some designs, like a designer chess game.

Please also ask, whether there is any other German importer on your list. I think it would be very helpful to share some experiences with them.

I am still absolutely fascinated about your email list and follow it closely. So I would be really happy and thankful if we could keep up a dialogue.


I recently read "The 4-Hour Workweek" by Timothy Ferris. Have you read it? What´s your opinion about such books? I would love to get your thoughts about that.

Thank you so much for your precious time John!

Florian


-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 15:34:43 -0800
> Von: John Spiers
> An: "Florian Schmelzer"
> Betreff: Re: Let me introduce myself...;)

> >Hey John:
> >
> >My name is Florian and I am a German business
> >student who took part in your class about a year
> >ago during my academic visit at San Diego State
> >University.
>
>
> >***Vielen Dank, dass Sie mich erinnem!***
>
>
> >I was fascinated by the world of importing as a
> >small business right away and immediately bought
> >your book (if you give good concerts, people
> >will buy your album… ;)). After I returned to
> >Germany I gave your book to a friend of mine who
> >was also thrilled about it. He and I have always
> >had the dream of having our own business. In
> >fact, to try coming up with a good product
> >turned out to be kind of challenging to us. We
> >just could not really come up with anything
> >good, but were still eager to learn about all
> >the processes. That's why we came up with the
> >idea of creating a "designer pool" one day.
>
> ***Faszinierend!***
>
> >
> >So here is what we just started to do. We
> >searched the German Facebook site for design
> >students and just asked them to become part of
> >our pool by sending us their ideas and outlines
> >of innovative products. In return we offered
> >them to handle everything else (interviewing
> >retailers, improvements, finding the best place
> >in the world to have it made, finding sales
> >representatives, etc.). At first we doubted
> >anybody would send us his ideas, but after only
> >a couple of days, we already got plenty of
> >positive response (actually one hundred percent
> >of all responses were positive), as well as the
> >first designers who sent us their ideas. I know
> >you always said that in order to be successful
> >you really have to love the product. But even
> >though it is not our own idea, trust me that we
> >will only choose to work on a product we are
> >going to love in future.
>
> ***Faszinierende ... Sondern hängen ... Schritt zurück und
> Sehen, was Sie tun ... Dies ist ein Service,
> Nicht ein Produkt, das tun, was Sie gerne in der Produkt-ODER
> Service ... Und Sie natürlich gerne, was Sie haben,
> Made .. age quod agis ... (Translation...: Fascinating... but hang on... step back and
> look at what you are doing... this is a service,
> not a product, do what you love in product OR
> service... and you obviously love what you have
> made... age quod agis ... ***
>
> >
> >
> >We would love to jump at the opportunity and
> >carry on a small importing business!
> >
> >But what do you think about our concept?
>
> ***Fortsetzung ... Und lassen Sie mich wissen, wie es geht ...
> Ich muss Ihnen sagen, es klingt faszinierend ... I
> Haben eine listserv von rund 900 Menschen ... Ich würde gerne
> Weiter Ihres Schreibens zu ihnen ... Kein Zweifel, einige
> Sie würde kopieren, und dann ihre Ergebnisse und
> Ideen ... Lassen Sie mich wissen ...
Translation: Pursue this... and let me know how it goes...
> I have to tell you, it sounds intriguing... I
> have a listserv of some 900 people... I'd love to
> forward your letter to them... no doubt some
> would copy you, and then share results and
> ideas... let me know...***
>
> >
> >What kind of contract would you suppose us to
> >have us drawn up with designers? Do we need a
> >contract at all?
>
> ***

Angebracht ist ein Designer-Vertrag ... Es wird davon ausgegangen,
> USA Recht ... Ich habe keine Ahnung von deutschem Recht ... Aber
> Lesen Sie es und lassen Sie mich wissen, was Sie denken ...
Translation: Attached is a designer contract... it assumes
> USA law... I have no idea of German law... but
> read it and let me know what you think...***
>
> >
> >As we had suspected, some designers are
> >concerned about the protection of their
> >intellectual property. How do we handle that?
>
>
> ***
Geben die das geistige Eigentum, die Sie erhalten
> Lizenz zu vertreiben ... Ich werde uns ein anderes
> Nach diesem Schreiben zum Thema ...*
Translation:
Give the designers the intellectual property, you get
> licensed to distribute... I'll forward another
> letter after this on the topic...***
>
> >
> >Do you know of any other German importer in your
> >blog? It would be nice if you could give me his
> >email, so I can get in touch with him soon. It
> >could be helpful to talk to someone with
> >experience of importing to Germany.

> ***
Keine Ahnung, aber ich kann fragen ...
No idea, but I can ask...***

Am I right
> >that we can transfer a lot (if not all) of your
> >ideas to the German market?
>
>
> ***
Ja bitte, Transfer Dir alle weg ... Wenn das, was ich lehre, ist nicht wahr, auch in Deutschland, dann ist es nicht wahr. Bitte testen Sie alle und lassen Sie mich wissen, wie es geht.

yes please, transfer away all you like... if what I teach is not true in Germany too, then it is not true. please test it all and let me know how it goes.
>

> >Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
> >
> Meine Freude!

Und dank google für die es scheint so, als würde ich mich lesen und schreiben auf Deutsch.
And thanks to google for making it seem like I am literate in German.

John


0 comments: