Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Jacque Considers Export Online Services To Brazil

Jacque has some questions about exporting online services to Brazil...
***
I watch your seminar in San Francisco 2 years ago. I also bought your book.
Unfortunately, you never touch on exporting online software and services.

***thank you for remembering me. You are quite right, I have never touched on it myself, except to mention that when schools and people overseas register for my online class, I am in fact exporting services online. But what you are contemplating is more complex.***

My company is a on-demand software in Wellness, such as Salesforce.com (on-demand software for sales and marketing). I am about to close a deal in Brazil, and I do not want to open a company there yet. So I guess I am exporting my services (it is software, but there is no CD because it is dierect on the internet).

***Yes, that seems right.***

How can the company in Brazil pay Nutrihand for the Wellness Portal we are developing for them? I thought about a letter of credit at the time that we launch live the software/service. What do you suggest?

*** a letter of credit seems ideal, perhaps a "red clause" version that permits you to draw out money as various benchmarks are accomplished. The buyer may require you to post a stand-by letter of credit in return. Google those terms for details on each.***

Also, how would I pay the commission to the Brazilian lady who found this client and she gets paid 15% of the total deal?

***that could be built into the letter of credit, or you could just send the lady the money. I imagine you want some sort of documentation that proves you've been paid as a basis for this agent being paid.***

If you cannot answer these questions, do you have a place or a person I should contact/research?

***It is a new area, and I have not come across any stories or information on this... I understand you welcome contact at to jacqueline_leao@haasalum.berkeley.edu .

John.


0 comments: