Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Free Is the New Price Point - McD Division

McDonalds is advertising free small latte during breakfast hours in the Seattle market at least (maybe yours too, but this of course is home to Starbucks). I shall partake and critique.

Many doubt McD can beat Starbucks. I believe McD will cut substantially into Starbucks. Although the maybe half-dozen times in my life I made a purchase at McD, I've never found food in the bag, but McD will deliver what the customers want.

I would run Starbucks farther upscale in response. More money for less work. Close 1/2 of the Starbucks stores. Put fireplaces in every store left ( new technology has live flame but no exhaust). Starbucks is going downscale. They will be slaughtered if they stick to that strategy.

But nobody asked me.


0 comments: