Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shoes

I was chatting with my daughter this morning and noticed a pair of "Steve Madden" shoes and wondered aloud why a football commentator would get into women's shoes. She gently pointed out I was thinking of John Madden. Too late! My mind had already raced to the idea of how easy it is to get a business going... in any field. We must compete on design, it does not take much to do so, as you can see from Steve Madden's website. he points out he started with $1100. Finance is never the issue when starting a business.

The hard part of the shoe is done, and awaiting your design in every shoe factory in the world. In essence, you walk in with your designs, and ask them to but adapted to the three best selling "shapes" or "blanks" or "moulds" in the factory. You spec materials and visuals... it's how ralph lauren started... I developed a glassware line that was based on Libby Glass 2 best selling shapes.


0 comments: