Monday, September 8, 2008

F is Heartfelt

I share a concern for the environment, economy, society with my friends on the left, but their solutions so often strike me as loopy. But their very loopiness brings a perspective that leads to wonderful innovations, or just re-introductions of the good which was once lost...


I secreted myself last weekend at a mountain lake to get some reading and writing done, and at one point I strolled through a small town there and came upon a New Age crystal shop called Spirals. Sigh. I was going to walk on, but I had time to burn so I went in to see what was new in the world of auras and astral projection.

I saw some old. A company called www.oddity.biz clearly knocked off one of my glass candle designs, and did a terrible job of it. The materials were substandard, the wick was wrong, the copy of my design was very poor, ho hum. I have since looked at their website, and it is terrible. The founder sold it ten years ago, and now they compete on price, and make websites for other too. Tragic.

The owner of the store asked me if I had ever seen earth tone bowls before (like a good salesperson, she did NOT ask "May I help you?") I admitted ignorance of the item. She placed a large bowl in my hand, and struck it with a clapper, and and then ran the clapper along the side of the bowl, extended the musical note for quite a while, like a bell. "F" she said, "good for the heart." Indeed, the tone vibration was physically experienced in my heart. Now, I was born at night, but not last night. So when I tried, "C" and "G" note bowls, I held the bowl in exactly the same place as F, to see where the tone resonated in me. Just as F vibrated in my heart, so the other bowls and notes vibrated where they were supposed to, the brain, kidney etc.

Of course, music and healing is nothing new, it's just these bowls are made with the crystal that is associate with the organ, and shaped to hit the right note, in a process that requires laser light to fine tune the note. Strong medicine. Paramahansa Yogananda predicted all of this 100 years ago.

I noted to the owner I had heard some one argue the Star Spangled Banner is best in the key of F, and wondered what key it was normally played in (anyone know). I shared if F relates to the heart, perhaps we'd be in fewer wars if the star spangled banner was played in the key of F at sporting events. (Now who is loopy?!)

Here is a Spanish version of the star spangled banner that was a hit on Spanish radio leading up to the pro-freedom rallies earlier this year.

I don't go shopping very often.




0 comments: